Journey with me as I ever so slowly attempt to run 50 races in 50 states by the time I am 50...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Today's, er, Yesterday was the Day

The day my blog was posted on Kiva! Check it out and while you're there, fund a loan or two. :) Our team is up to 28 loans in 17 countries...which is sweet, and I'm excited to see how much more we can do.

In running news, as you all know, tomorrow is Father's day and in "Woggles" style (grandpa name), we are celebrating by running a race! Don't fret-- if this also sounds like your idea of a perfect father's day, you can still sign up on race day and even enter the father/child lookalike contest. But don't get your hopes up too high because I think the two of us are going to win.

(The pictures below are brought to you in honor of Lauren and her Flashback Friday...one day late)


Me and the pops right before my first ever marathon...
without the beard, we could be twins, right?!


We especially look alike as turtles.

Those pics were taken at another high point of my life, though one that had 
nothing to do with running.

While vacationing in Florida, I convinced my family to go with me to a Marine Sanctuary and Rehabilitation center so I could make friends with a dolphin. 


So here's to Kiva, dolphins, and fathers everywhere! 
(Bet you thought I couldn't bring all that together)


2 comments:

  1. Oh my God....I love the turtle pic!!!!! You so have us beat tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I like the Santa hats one. :)

    You can start linking up next Friday. Up until now Tia's been hosting it at HER blog so people had to go there & enter the url. You'll see, it'll be easy.

    ReplyDelete