Monday, November 5, 2012
50 in 50 by 50...plus Canada!
Whew...I ran all the way to Canada and boy am I tired.
Okay, that joke is L A M E but I am tired. However, I suspect it has less to do with the half-marathon I did a few weeks ago and more to do with the fact that I'm sitting on my couch right now and feeling lazy.
But, I did in fact run to Canada...starting in Detroit.
Two major pluses of the Detroit Free Press International Half-Marathon:
1. It's international-- that's like, more than one nation! Yeah, yeah, bring my country count up to TWO, baby.
2. Underwater mile-- how many people can say they've run a mile under water? (Aside from the other 21,000 runners, that is...each year)
1. Seeing the sun rise over both Detroit and Windsor as I ran across the Ambassador Bridge.
2. Having Steve and his mom cheer me on at multiple points in the race -- they got up at 4:30am just for me!
3. Having another unexpected-close-to-PR-race-time (it must have been the 9 almonds-- did it again)
4. Comparing customs in Canada to customs in the US. Canada wins: all jokes and smiles. Sorry, US: all serious, all the time.
By the way, I think I might move to Canada. I should have just kept running once I crossed, as the Canadian Customs Officer suggested. I'd send back for the rest of the family.
Next up: Atlanta with the ladies in February!
Keep running! (and donate to kiva here!)