Journey with me as I ever so slowly attempt to run 50 races in 50 states by the time I am 50...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cleveland Rocks!

Race number 9- check!

Not much to say about this one but the Rite Aid Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 10k in Cleveland is a pretty good race. It was HUGE- 15,000 people and did not thin out the entire length of the run. I did the half and kept up a steady 9 minute pace by staying with the 9:09 group until the last 3-4 miles where I picked it up a bit. In 1:56:50, not my PR, but not my worst either.

It was fun to get back up to the area. I got to stay with my friend and one of my first roommates, Maria, and visit my Alma Mater (pic below).


Running alone was less fun than the original plan to run with my friend Grace (her dad got sick) but races are always good places to make new friends. One of the women I ran with said she had run 28 1/2 marathons and 18 marathons in the past 10 years! 50 in 50 seems like a small goal, in comparison. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment