Journey with me as I ever so slowly attempt to run 50 races in 50 states by the time I am 50...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yardstick for Measuring Crazy

Is there such a thing? If so, I would like to measure up this scenario:

1. Flying to Alaska to visit your sister
2. Signing up for a lottery for a much sought-after 5K that takes place during your visit
3. Signing up for a lottery for a much sought-after 5K that takes place during your visit and involves running up and down a mountain
4. Signing up for a lottery for a much sought-after 5K that takes place during your visit and that involves running up and down a mountain where the race pictures look like this:



5. Signing up for a lottery for a much sought-after 5K that takes place during your visit, that involves running up and down a mountain, has crazy race pictures, and has a race course that includes the words treacherous, caution, steep slopes, danger or dangerous (x 6!), and an arrow pointing to the hospital:
http://www.seward.com/news-events/marathon/MMR%20Map.jpg*

*Things to consider: The girl signing up for this race likes to think she is pretty freakin' tough. This same girl sometimes gets scared running across bridges.

Sooo...

I bet you guessed this girl is me. Tickets to Alaska have been purchased! Lottery has been entered!

I find out in April if I have been given a spot. Do I hope to get in or pray that I don't?

The anticipation builds...

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and I honestly don't know whether to be happy for you for frightened!

    ReplyDelete